Saturday, March 17, 2012

Light It Up Blue Magnets

The last thing we are making for our Light It Up Blue baskets will be a print of the Blessed Are Those poem.I printed these poems out on my printer, had them laminated, hot-glued a blue puzzle piece to the front, and added magnetic strips to the back of it. I am hoping that our family members will place this on their refrigerators, and, when they look at it, remember how important they are in Ethan's life....and mine too.


First, I printed the poem (in blue ink) & had it laminated. Then, I grabbed some of the blue painted puzzle pieces & a roll of magnetic tape.

Then, I fired up the hot glue gun, and glued one puzzle piece at the bottom of each poem.

I liked the 3-D look of adding an actual puzzle piece to the top of the paper.

Then, I added 2 strips of magnetic tape to the back of the poem...at the top & the bottom.

The magnetic tape kept curling due to it being packaged in a spiral. So, I place the poems under some heavy, flat dishes for a couple of hours in order to flatten them out...worked great.

The final product on my refrigerator!

The poem is listed below. Be sure to have some tissues handy....I cry EVERY time I read it.

Blessed Are Those

I. Blessed are those who stop and listen to my chatter. You may not understand me; but I love when people talk to me, for I long for companionship, too. 

II. Blessed are those who take my hand and walk with me when the path is rough, for I easily stumble and grow weary. But thank you, too, for letting me walk alone when the path is smooth, for I must learn independence. 

III. Blessed are those who take the time to tell me about special happenings, for unless you make special effort to inform me, I remain ignorant. 

IV. Blessed are those who wait for me. I may be slow, but I appreciate your patience. 

V. Blessed are those who are not ashamed to be seen in public with me, for I did not choose to be born thus. It could have been you as well. 

VI. Blessed are those who do not pity me, for I don't want pity. All I want is understanding and respect for what I have learned as well. 

VII. Blessed are those who notice my accomplishments, small as they may seem to you. I must work long and hard to learn many of the things you take for granted. 

VIII. Blessed are those who include me in their games, even though I may not understand the rules, I still like to be included in your activities. 

IX. Blessed are those who think of me as a person who loves, and hurts, and feels joy and pain just like you do, for in that respect I am normal. 

Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment