Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Light It Up Blue Soap

One part of our Light It Up Blue baskets that we are giving our family members is a bar of soap. This was so easy to make! Here are the supplies you need....
 


*Puzzle pieces spray painted blue (or find the pieces of a blue puzzle!)

*Pure Glycerin Soap (clear color)

*Soap Mold












The first thing I did was spray painted both sides of the edge puzzle pieces blue. 
I let them dry for 24 hours before I did the next step.





Once the puzzle pieces were dry, I placed them in the bottom of the soap mold.




Then, following the directions on the Pure Glycerin Soap packaging, I heated up the soap on my stove top. It melted very quickly even heating it on the low setting.




Once the soap had melted, I poured the liquid into my soap mold. The puzzle piece stayed on the bottom, but I used a toothpick to be sure it was centered & secure. If I wiggled the puzzle piece, it would have come loose & floated to the surface, but I wanted it to be on the rounded part of my soap mold.




After about an hour, I was able to flip my soap mold over & pop out the soap. Here is the outcome! (I had to use a darker background in order to show off the soap's color.)




I wrapped the soap in plastic wrap, and it's ready to be placed in one of the baskets!




The complete set!!!


1 comment: